The Basel Convention Regional Centre for Training and Technology Transfer for the Caribbean (BCRC-Caribbean) is an autonomous corporate body, established by Act #2 of 2008, Chapter 35:49 of the Laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. Its primary mandate is to assist countries in the Caribbean to comply with and implement the provisions of the Basel Convention on the Transboundary Movement of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal, as well as the other multilateral environmental treaties in the focal area of waste and chemicals management.
In an effort to adequately meet its mandate of service to Party States to the waste and chemicals Conventions in the Caribbean, the BCRC-Caribbean now invites all suitably qualified individuals or organizations to submit applications to prequalify for the provision of technical consultancy services in the following categories:
- Policy and Best Practice Formulation and Implementation in the Waste and Chemicals Management Sector.
- Institutional / Human Resource Capacity Development in the Waste and Chemicals Management Sector.
- Design and Implementation of Training Modules and Training Programmes in Waste & Chemicals Management.
- Public Education and Public Awareness.
- Technology Development Implementation in Waste and Chemicals Management.
Pre-Qualification will be based on meeting minimum criteria in the areas of work experience and references, adequacy and suitability of qualifications and availability of key personnel, financial capability, and statutory and regulatory compliance.